“I reiterate my innocence,” Quebec City Cardinal Gérald Lacroix says in a six-minute video that the Archdiocese of Quebec released on its YouTube channel.

Published in Canada

A preliminary canonical investigation found no evidence of abuse or misconduct committed by Cardinal Gérald Lacroix of Québec, who had been anonymously accused of abuse, the Vatican said.

Published in Canada

Joannes Rivoire, the Oblate priest who was accused of sexually assaulting Nunavut children and teenagers, passed away on April 11 at the age of 93 in France, according to the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. The late Rivoire departed Canada to his native France on Jan. 16, 1993.

Published in Canada

Sexual abuse charges have been withdrawn against a Toronto priest on loan to the Diocese of Peterborough.

Published in Canada

Canadian Cardinal Marc Ouellet has launched a $100,000 defamation suit against a woman who accused him in a civil suit of sexually abusing her, the Associated Press is reporting.

Published in Canada

Two more bishops, including one still serving, have been named in a new list of offenders filed in the class action against the Quebec Archdiocese.

Published in Canada

Two Quebec bishops, one deceased and one living, have been named in a sexual abuse class action against the Archdiocese of Quebec.

Published in Canada

The Vatican will open an investigation into French Cardinal Jean-Pierre Ricard, the retired archbishop of Bordeaux, who admitted in a public letter that he had abused a 14-year-old girl 35 years ago.

Published in International

A Catholic priest falsely accused of sexual assault on children at an Alberta residential school will not get his name returned to the school that bore his legacy since it was founded in 1969.

Published in Canada

The Vatican permanently removed from priestly ministry a retired priest of the Diocese of Toledo who was accused of multiple allegations of sexually abusing a minor.

Published in International

DODGE CITY, Kan. -- Denying any wrongdoing, Bishop John B. Brungardt of Dodge City has stepped away from his duties and pledged to cooperate with authorities investigating an allegation of abuse of a minor made against him.

Published in International

BONN, Germany -- Hamburg Archbishop Stefan Hesse has stepped down from his post as spiritual assistant to the Central Committee of German Catholics, the most important laypeople's organization of the church in Germany, pending clarification of all the allegations about his possible role in covering up sexual abuse cases during his time in Cologne.

Published in International

VANCOUVER -- Peter Luongo, a parish music director in Surrey, B.C., is in a quandary.

Published in Canada

The Archdiocese of Toronto has removed from ministry a priest accused of abuse against a minor in the Archdiocese of New York dating back to the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Published in Canada

MELBOURNE, Australia -- An Australian appeals court upheld the conviction of Cardinal George Pell on five counts of sexually assaulting two choirboys more than two decades ago.

Published in International
Page 1 of 2